About

Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Big Announcement Is Here!

Sorry about the wait, everyone, but I had to hold off until I was sure this wasn't a dream.

Last week, Pam from BlogmeisterUSA sent me an e-mail saying that Family Security Matters was looking for someone to write political satire. Amazingly, she suggested me, and she asked if I would be interested.

For the record, Family Security Matters is a huge deal. It's a real site, with real writers - contributing editors include the likes of Michelle Malkin and Dick Morris - and, for me, it is a terrific opportunity. Simply stated, it constitutes real writing, and that is something I have been yearning to do since college.

So, I eagerly agreed, thanked Carol Taber - the President of FSM - and Pam, then promised Pam she would never get a speeding ticket in Philadelphia. I may have promised to build a church in her honor, but I was too giddy to remember. My column - wow, that sounds so cool - will run on Saturdays, and will be among the articles on the front page of the site. Here is a sample from my inaugural effort:
Does your Presidential candidate have a love-hate relationship with the pollsters? Would you like to see your favorite politico become the media’s belle of the ball? Is your choice in ’08 searching for the staying power of Ryan Seacrest? If your answer to these questions is a resounding “Heck, yeah!” then you need Elect-o-Shock.

At Elect-o-Shock, our public relations professionals will work with your candidate to find his (or her!) “target charisma.” Of course, the target charisma will vary from candidate to candidate, and some choices need a major overhaul. (No offense, Mr. Kucinich.) Let’s take a look at some of the front-runners, and provide a glimpse of what Elect-o-Shock can do for them.
You can read the entire article HERE.

The site has me listed as "Official satirist," which is much too kind for a hack like myself. Nevertheless, I will do my best to live up to FSM's lofty standards. More importantly, I will do my best to keep everyone entertained, both here and at FSM.

Thank you, Carol, for the opportunity. Thank you, Pam, for the recommendation. There are no words.

No comments:

Post a Comment