About

Friday, December 14, 2007

Musharraf Lifts Emergency Rule

Great. he does this two days after I cancel my vacation plans to Karachi.
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) -- President Pervez Musharraf lifted a six-week-old state of emergency Saturday and said in a nationally televised address that he imposed it as a last resort to save Pakistan from destruction from an unspecified conspiracy.

Musharraf said unnamed conspirators had hatched a plot with members of the judiciary to derail the country's transition to democracy. Parliamentary elections, scheduled for January 8, will determine who will form the next government.

"Against my will, as a last resort, I had to impose the emergency in order to save Pakistan," Musharraf said. "The conspiracy was hatched to destabilize the country. I cannot tell how much pain the nation and I suffered due to this conspiracy." (H/T - CNN)
Some pundits have ridiculed Musharraf for his conspiracy theories, but SYLG has received evidence that may prove him correct. Pictured below is the hard-liner responsible for Pakistan's impending destruction. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Babu Bhatt.

"You very, very bad man!"

No comments:

Post a Comment