About

Saturday, January 12, 2008

It's Weigh Day!

Today is the second Weigh Day for our Blogger Blubber Battle. You may remember last week's weigh-in, where RT lost a pound, Joe Cool lost three, and everyone else pretty much stayed the same - or gained weight like Sssteve. Ouch!

Since last week's weigh-in, I had a hockey game, three days of grueling PT, and I made my Weight Watchers points every day except one. I really worked hard this week, so this morning, I cheerfully hopped on the scale.

Immediately afterward, I said to myself, "Well, this can't be right." I got off, re-calibrated the scale, and got back on. I looked at the result, and said again, "This can't be right."

I called the missus upstairs, and she re-calibrated the scale, the got on herself. She said, "It should be okay, because this is what I weighed at my last doctor's appointment. Get on, stand still, and I'll check the reading."

I hopped on the scale, stood straight up, and hoped the original result was correct. It was.

The result? 229 pounds!

Apparently, I lost seven pounds this week. I can't explain it, but we checked it three ways from Sunday, and it came out the same every time. I'm not sure how long that'll last, but for now, I'm pretty psyched. I'm still an obese fat ass, but I'm now less of a fat ass. Life is good.

Here are the links to my fellow competitors and (when applicable) their stats:
GOP and College
Grimjack
Joe Cool
Mrs. Grim
RT
SoHos
Sssteve

No comments:

Post a Comment