About

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Somebody Pinch Me!

No Teamsters!

It's been a pretty cool five weeks around these parts. Before Christmas, I was a two-bit down and out blogger who didn't know the difference between a dangling participle and a prepositional phrase. Heh, heh, "dangling participle." This blog had its loyal readers - some of the best in the blogosphere - and the site meter was steady. I was happy, even if I sometimes felt like the Cleveland Indians:

And then, all of the sudden, all Hell broke loose.

Pam sent me an e-mail asking me to be the Official Satirist for Family Security Matters - a big-time site with big-time writers. The next thing I know, I'm tapped to write comedy for a place that features Michelle Malkin and Dick Morris!

A short time later, I start getting links from A-list bloggers like ALa and Sebastian. Traffic soars, but the recognition is what matters to me. Every new reader is a reader (hopefully) earned.

So, I'm just sitting up here on Cloud 8 when Cloud 9 passes by in the form of The Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler. B.C., Imperial Torturer submits a comment in my Border Fence post. I am honored that someone from a mega-blog even looks in this direction, let alone gives some input. The next day, The AIR links me, not just with a mention about a particular post, but a humbling write-up of SYLG. B.C. is kind enough to place me on their blogroll, and orders people to stop by. Hits soar, glowers bloom, Jessica Biel starts taking my calls.

And as if they weren't kind enough to me at the Rott, B.C. also linked my post about the murder of the Border Patrol Agent. Sweet!

In the past two days, SYLG will have enjoyed approximately 1,400 visits. To this literary abortion. It is truly unreal, and it almost makes me forget that Haloscan is completely screwing me today! Almost.

It is truly sad that this recognition has come at a time in my life that I knew was coming. For today, I am ending Support Your Local Gunfighter.

Nah, I'm yankin' ya! I'm having a blast here! Sorry, but I had to break all of this touchy-feely, Heath Ledger-Jake Gyllenhaal man-love for a moment. It was making me a little fruity.

What I am trying to say in this little roundup is that I am humbled by all of the attention, and grateful for it. And not only to the people I have mentioned here by name, but for every single one of you who read this drivel every blasted day, and every one of you who finds it in your heart to link SYLG. It is my sincere hope that it has made you laugh at one point or another, for that is my mission here.

I also want to apologize if my attendance has been lacking on your blogs of late. To say I have been overwhelmed would be an understatement, but it is also a terrible excuse. I still try to visit most blogs in my sidebar once a day, but I usually end up commenting only once a week. That's not enough, I know, but between posting here and at FSM, work, coaching indoor lacrosse, and baby news - the wife's latest ultrasound was today and the kid is 7 pounds already with a month and a half to go - life has been hectic. Again, it's not an excuse, but I apologize just the same.

Thank you again for spending your time in this little slice of Hell. It is my honor to serve you.

No comments:

Post a Comment