About

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tips (And Gifts) Are Appreciated

Yesterday I received a gift. Scratch that. Yesterday I received a really cool gift from now-retired blogger Rachel. After a short e-mail which stated that I will accept this gift, it came to Casa de Earp via UPS.

I opened up the box and saw the t-shirt pictured on the right. Rachel knows that I am a huge fan of Battlestar Galactica, and when she saw this online, she bought it immediately. The funny thing about it is that I have probably written "What the frak?" about 100 times on SYLG in the past. Suffice to say, when I saw the shirt, I laughed out loud.

Soon after, I got to thinking. Why don't more of my readers send me gifts? I mean, I've been giving you folks hours upon hours of free entertainment for three years. Shouldn't that count for something? And, unlike some other blogs, I don't have a "Support/Donate" button in my sidebar. I have to pay for this all by my lonesome.

*I wonder if they know that Blogger is a free service. Never mind, you're rolling. They don't need to know.*

So anyway, I figured would give everyone a few ideas of some thoughtful gifts to buy in case you were so inclined. Here goes:
  • A Nintendo Wii. I hate that Randal has one, and I don't.
  • Orange Tic Tacs. Nature's perfect food, topped only by Pez.
  • Bikini photos of Uber. She's a hottie!
  • Bikini photos of Helen Thomas. What??? She's a classic beauty.
  • Candlesticks. I heard they make a nice gift while watching Bull Durham.
See? I'm not greedy. All of these are reasonable offerings to your loyal blog god. Now, it's off to your local merchant. Chop, chop!

No comments:

Post a Comment