About

Monday, February 25, 2008

Good To Be Back

"Um, no . . . this is 9-1-2."

Well, today was my first day back to work, and I was feeling pretty good about it . . . until she came to the window.

Let me describe the scene. The division was running around handling a robbery/assault/carjacking. Everyone was busy with something, and it is obvious to the naked eye. So, when this woman came to the window, I didn't notice her at first.

After a second or two, I asked her to slide the window open. (There's a sign stating as such in big, bold letters, but no one ever reads the damned thing.) The woman slides the window, and I ask, "May I help you?"

As God is my witness, the woman looks at me and says, "No, I came up here for no reason."

Since I figured it would be bad form to murder a woman on my first day back, I directed her to Rob, who has much more patience than I do: and a less-itchy trigger finger.

God, I need another vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment