About

Friday, February 08, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dear!

Today is my lovely wife's 36th birthday. I would have posted about it sooner, but we've been out all day. After taking the kids ice skating, we went out to dinner to one of her favorite restaurants, since - with Boy #3 due any moment now - we won't be able to do that again for a while.

Of course, since I had been working the 3p-11p shift all week, I had to rush to the stores today for her gifts. Worst husband . . . ever! This must be why she says that Jessica Biel will never have me. Something about being "inconsiderate." Please. You push your pregnant wife out of the way to get to the bathroom first, and somehow I'm inconsiderate. Sheesh!

Anyway, I wanted to wish her a happy birthday while I still can - Erik's birthday is tomorrow - and while she is still the center of attention. Heh, I'm probably gonna get my ass kicked for posting this high school photo of her, but it's worth it.

Editor's note: If you were actually reading this post, yes, Boy #3 is due at almost any moment. After the wife's OB-GYN appointment of Friday, she was told she was having mild contractions. He'll be here pretty soon - although he's not due until March 8th - and I only have two requests:
  • Please don't arrive on Mom's or Erik's birthday. Who wants to share their special day?
  • Please don't arrive on Sunday. I have a hockey game at 8:45pm. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment