About

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hillary Clinton: The End Is Nigh

I am not a Clinton supporter by any means, but in my opinion, if you give someone your political support, you don't cut and run when the candidate's poll numbers go into the terlet.

WASHINGTON - Civil rights leader John Lewis has dropped his support for Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential bid in favor of Barack Obama, according to a newspaper report Wednesday.

Lewis, a Democratic congressman from Atlanta, is the most prominent black leader to defect from Clinton's campaign in the face of near-majority black support for Obama in recent voting. He also is a superdelegate who gets a vote at this summer's national convention in Denver.

"It's been a long, hard difficult struggle to come to where I am," Lewis told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in an interview. "But when I am, as a superdelegate, I plan to cast my vote at the convention for Barack Obama." (H/T - AP via Yahoo!)

While it is still a laugh riot to see what is happening to Her Cankleness' campaign, Lewis' actions tell me a lot about the man. Apparently in Washington, D.C., it is perfectly acceptable to stab someone in the back when it suits your needs. Dr. King would be ashamed of you, Mr. Lewis.

No comments:

Post a Comment