About

Friday, February 29, 2008

It May Just Be The Guinness Talking . . .

But I've come to the conclusion that I am not a very good hockey player. We lost tonight's game by a score of 4-1, and I played terribly. I was a -2 defensively, gave a pass away to a streaking 32 Degrees player (who scored immediately thereafter), and blew a pretty nice breakaway because I wasn't paying attention to the opposing defense.

Don't get me wrong, I try. I really, really do. Unfortunately, I am not committed enough to the weight loss competition to lose the poundage I need to become fast again. Mentally, I know what I should be doing, but when I put it into practice, I usually screw it up. I'm a frakkin' forward: I should be scoring points. I'm not, and I'm hurting the team because of it - and only a mere week or so before the playoffs.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna sober up and feel sorry for myself. Maybe this photo of Jessica Simpson will lift my spirits . . .

Nah, still depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment