About

Saturday, February 09, 2008

It's Weigh Day!

One of the biggest problems with dieters is that they are either unrealistic about their weight loss goals, or they are incredulous when they don't lose weight after they ate junk all week. So far, I have avoided these pitfalls.

Unfortunately, I have also avoided the pitfall of exercising as much as I should be.

Yesterday, we took the kids ice skating, and I tore it up for two hours with only a few short breaks. Since our hockey team has been on a two-week break, this was the only skate time I have been afforded. Add that to last night's birthday dinner - read: point explosion - and I can see why this week's update wasn't very good.

Today's reading: 220 pounds. That's down only one from last week (and 16 since the start of the contest), but at least it's a loss. I was beginning to worry that I am hitting a plateau, but I refuse to believe that my "natural weight" hovers around the Mendoza Line. I'll just have to work harder - and exercise more - this week.

Other Progress Reports:
Molly
Mrs. Grim
RT
Sssteve

No comments:

Post a Comment