About

Monday, March 24, 2008

A Hairy Situation For Tony Stewart

I found this little nugget after checking out where my drivers finished this week. That is, before I realized that they were off for Easter. D'oh! Anyway, be forewarned; this story will make you cringe.

Smoke fans -- of which I am one -- have a bit of a treat coming up later today. But this post is going to test the fandom of even the most devoted Tony Stewart supporter.

Two words: back waxing.

I'm a couple days late on this one, but it took me this long to get out of the fetal position. Seems Tony Stewart offered to get his back waxed if folks donated more than $100,000 to charity. Lo and behold, according to Sirius:

Operation Wax Smoke was a huge success, raising over $125,000 for the Victory Junction Gang Camp. DeLana & Kevin Harvick, and national motor sports correspondent Ford Martin joined Tony and Matt Yocum at an "undisclosed location" for a rip-roaring good time. There was no shortage of donations to hear Tony suffer throught the pain and indignity of having his famously-furry back waxed live on the air. It remains to be seen if the procedure will improve race times for the sleeker and more-aero Smoke. (H/T - Yahoo!)

I wonder if he shouted "KELLY CLARKSON!" You can hear very disturbing audio of the very disturbing event HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment