About

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Lies Make Baby Jesus Cry

I tried to shy away from Hillary Clinton's Fairy Tales this week, because I knew I would have the opportunity to snark it up with my Family Security Matters article. And snark I did. Here's a sample:

Politicians Lying: All In A Day's Work

Thankfully for many politicians, they rarely believe in – or worship before – anything but unadulterated power. Actually, it has been widely speculated that Idaho Senator Larry Craig worships the porcelain god, but that rumor has not been confirmed. This week, Senator Hillary Clinton has been enduring chants of "Liar, liar, pants on fire!" after she was caught embellishing a 1996 trip to Bosnia.


And after reading the embellishment, one would think Hillary’s pants exploded into a searing, gaseous, mushroom cloud of shenanigans. Here is the quote:

"I certainly do remember that trip to Bosnia, and as Togo said, there was a saying around the White House that if a place was too small, too poor, or too dangerous, the president couldn't go, so send the First Lady. That’s where we went. I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

Relax, it gets better. You can read the jocularity HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment