About

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Who's To Blame When Kids Curse?

How the f*ck should I know?

No one expects a 3-year-old who loves to dress like a princess to swear like a sailor.

But early exposure is not so uncommon. Who's to blame? Well, there's a pretty apt quote from a 1970 Pogo cartoon: "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

The "us" are parents. A few weeks ago, I put a question out to hundreds of mothers on a local list-serv asking for anecdotes about the first time they heard their children use inappropriate words. (H/T - NPR)

This survey is complete and utter bullsh*t. Who the hell does this broad think she is, trying to tell me how to raise my G*d-d*mned kids?! Well, f*ck that! Sure, my kids say some stupid sh*t, and yes, some of it could be construed as swearing, but that's none of this a**hole's business! F*cking liberals are ruining this country.

Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment