About

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Bearth-day!

Today is April 22. It is also Earth Day, but in a more important, non-hippie way, it is my 39th birthday. (Cue Jack Benny saying it will be my first 39th of many.) I have never been a big fan of birthdays - not because I dread getting older; Hell, I welcome death! - but because I don't like the fuss. As of this posting, the missus has not even given me a birthday gift yet; and I am okay with that. (Of course, with Kevin's christening, we all have been really busy last week.) Actually, she did give me a great present - she let me sleep until noon. Nice!

So, today is like any other day. I took the day off from work, but other than that, nothing special. We had cake this weekend at the christening, so I don't need any more; I get to take Kyle to lacrosse practice this afternoon - I have only been to one practice this year, thanks to work; and our spring ice hockey season begins tonight.

Come to think of it, today is going to be a pretty swell day.

No comments:

Post a Comment