About

Friday, April 25, 2008

Thanks For The Meme-ories

"Me, me, me . . ." - Agent Smith, The Matrix Reloaded

Old NFO tagged me with a meme yesterday, and although I am fairly sure I participated in this one before, I cannot say no to a friend. Here goes:

Here are the rules if you decide to play along:

1) Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4) Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I was once involved in an auto accident with Miss America.

2. I am scared to death of flying. Well, not actually flying, but I'm scared of crashing! And to think, I wanted to become a fighter pilot when I was growing up.

3. My yearly goal is to have a perfect lawn, even thought I had the outdoors. Maybe I just want to look out the window at my perfect lawn. I have allergies and have had bouts with asthma (not to mention that I am allergic to bee stings), so the great outdoors is not exactly my happy place.

4. I am the resident "Movie Guy" within my circle of friends, which also makes me the ringer during Quizzo night at the bar. I can tell you who played "Endo" in Lethal Weapon (Al Leong), then tell you that he's an infamous character actor who had roles in Die Hard, They Live, and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

5. I suffer severe bouts of writer's block. I have written and re-written blog posts dozens of times until I feel they are "acceptable." I am worse with my FSM articles. This week's article took me four hours to write - and be satisfied with it. That being said, you'll probably think this week's article isn't even all that funny. Damn.

6. I have broken a few bones in my day. I broke my right wrist in grade school while sliding into third base, and my left wrist in high school while playing defense in roller hockey. While in the Police Academy, I fractured my ankle while running with my classmates. It was the last time that I learned the PPD considers its officers merely as numbers. Even though I had several witnesses, my platoon sergeant - who is a captain now, the bitch - declared that my injury was not work-related. I used up all of my sick time because she was (and is) a moron.

7. I like to sleep . . . a lot. On my days off, I stay up until about 2am, then sleep until 11am. It drives the missus out of her mind, but she knew my sleeping habits before we were married. Twelve years of working the midnight shift have irrevocably ruined my routine, and since I've never been a morning person, I do the vampire thing.

Well, there you are. I won't tag anyone - it appears most of my regulars have been tagged already - but if you'd like to participate, feel free.

No comments:

Post a Comment