About

Monday, April 28, 2008

Wright: "I'm Descriptive, Not Divisive"

You can almost hear Barack Obama screaming, "Will you just SHUT UP?!!!"

DETROIT, Michigan (AP) -- The outspoken former pastor of Barack Obama told an audience of 10,000 at an NAACP dinner on Sunday that despite what his critics say, he is descriptive, not divisive, when he speaks about racial injustices.

"I describe the conditions in this country," the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. said during the 53rd annual Fight for Freedom Fund Dinner held by the Detroit chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

I agree. I could almost see the feathers on the chickens that "have come home to roost" after the September 11th attacks.

"I'm not here for political reasons," Wright said. "I'm not a politician. I know that fact will surprise many of you because many in the corporate-owned media made it seem like I am running for the Oval Office. I am not running for the Oval Office. I've been running for Jesus a long, long time, and I'm not tired yet."

And I'm sure Jesus loves your sermons. Can't you hear him now, "When is he going to get back to slamming Whitey?" Isn't it just grand when some jackass Lefty rants about the "conservative media?" Please.

The Rev. Wendell Anthony, president of the Detroit NAACP, said at a news conference before the dinner that he was excited to invite the "hottest brother in America right now." (H/T - CNN)

Um, excuse me, "Reverend," but everyone knows that the hottest brother in America right now is Mr. T!

No comments:

Post a Comment