About

Monday, June 02, 2008

A Huge Announcement!

I'm goin' to Kansas City, Kansas City, here I come . . .

Okay, technically it's Topeka, Kansas, but the radio station reaches Kansas City. Did I mention the radio station? See, I'm so excited, that I'm even more incoherent than I usually am here. Here's the story:

On Saturday, I received an e-mail from Tom Goodrich. He and his wife blog at Mason-Dixon Wild West. We've e-mailed back and forth a few times, so when I saw the e-mail, I figured they were coming to town.

I figured wrong. Since the last time we talked, Tom's wife Deb landed a gig as a radio talk show host on KMAJ 1440 - AM.

And, believe it or not, she wants to interview me on the show!! (Yeah, I thought it was a joke, too.)

Before she could rescind the offer, I happily accepted. She'll be interviewing me about being all sorts of interesting stuff. I am scheduled to go on the air at 10am (EDT) and will be given the entire half hour.

The news has raised two other issues:
  • First, since I will soon be a huge celebrity, I will have no more use for you, my readers.
  • Second, for $50 I will pimp your blog during the interview. Loosen those purse strings!
Okay, I was kidding about the above, but I had to throw some funny in here to ease my butterflies. I'm not gonna lie; I am incredibly nervous, but I think this is really cool. An honor, actually. I hope I don't make Tom and Deb regret their decision.

If you're interested, you can listen online HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment