About

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Penguins Win Game 5 In Third Overtime!

The Penguins send the game into OT with this late goal.

If you're not watching the Stanley Cup Finals, then shame on you. You're missing a terrific game tonight. (It's currently on NBC.) And I'll be feeling shame in a minute or so, because the game is going into its second overtime period.

Unfortunately, tomorrow is my last appearance on the day work tour. I have to be up in a little over five hours, and if I don't go to bed, I'll be a damned zombie at work. I will also be a zombie at my hockey game, which is scheduled for tonight at 9:30pm.

No matter what happens tonight, I am proud of the Penguins' effort. They didn't get swept in the Finals, and are keeping up with the best team in the league. Of course, I hope the Pens win tonight, but I won't be devastated if the Wings win it all.

In a perfect world, I would be off tomorrow and be able to stay up and watch the rest of the game. Dammit.

UPDATE: Against my better judgment, I stayed up for the second overtime. After five periods, and 100 minutes, the game is still tied, 3-3. Next goal wins. I'm off to bed.

FINAL UPDATE: Petr Sykora scored in the third OT to give the Pens the win! The victory will force a Game 6 on Wednesday night in the Steel City!

No comments:

Post a Comment