About

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Vacation Is Slowly Ending

Well, since very few people are checking out the blog, I am still posting despite the few readership.
I'm still jogging and cycling in the morning to get myself a bit more slender. Kevin took his camera and is taking amazing photos, including some close up pics of deer around the rental house.
We went to the Roanoke Museum, which was fantastic. The workers there wear the items used in the 1500's. The women making nails was terrific, and she gave the finished nail to Kyle. Kyle said, "I can HAVE this?" She said, "Absolutely." He though that was really cool.
Tonight the missus and I will be dining together while the kids will be eating at home. I love it down here, but the two weeks go by so quickly, you forget how fast you get back to work.
Oh, for the guys, the Olympic Babes O' The Day started this week, with profiles on athletes if you're interested.

5 comments:

  1. I'm still here. Checking when I can, which is using every day. I seem to have some kind of weird issue with my account, so I'm just typing in my username everytime. I figure that's fine for now. I like your vacation stories and commentary and eventually the blog will get back to normal. That might not happen until you retire. BTW, how about a countdown as to how many days. I think you said you had an extension you couldn't pass on due to $$$, so it's probably higher than I would think. Like the story about the museum among others, but I like most of your posts. Probably because they are always different. People who have a variety of things to talk about are always the most interesting. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was busy the past couple of days, but catching up now. Also, don't worry about growing your readership until after you retire, that way you're only talking to your loyal readers and not somebody that's going to try to use it against you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to post something about an Olympic female, how about that woman boxer, Angela Carini of Italy, who “withdrew in just 46 seconds.” She claimed she was leaving with her “head held high.” But I disagree. People warned her that her opponent was a man, and she chose to box anyway. She’s tall and thin, but I didn’t see any developed muscles as though she had been training for years. I’m not dissing the woman necessarily – I mean I do feel sorry for her – but whatinthehell was she doing? What did she expect getting into the ring with a man?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, I've decided to get on the pronoun wagon. So... My name is Kitty and my pronouns are Her/shey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RG - I'm trying to ignore my work life for a while. It's easier that way.

    Phillip - Agreed. We just got back from the Outer Banks. Seven and a half hours. The missus had Kyle and Jules. I had Erik and Kevin. He's getting to be a great photographer.

    Kitty - Heh, nice. I thought that was a disgrace. Women beats up people for years then does it to a smaller woman. So stupid.

    ReplyDelete