About

Thursday, August 15, 2024

Makin' Money, Makin' Money!

So when school finally ended this year, Kevin was looking for something to do. He heard about a program where you could work in the school. Since it was pretty high-paying for a kid his age, he rushed to it. Kevin worked in his high school painting, cleaning, and moving desks out and back. He never complained, because he knew he was getting paid.
It was amazing. He really wanted to work.
The workers - all from the city - had to attend at least two days to talk to the people who were giving them work. Kevin didn't care, because on those days, they got pizza. Right before going to the Outer Banks, Kevin received his money. It was $345. Kevin was very happy with that, and I assure he is going to spend a lot of that on CDs and records. It was hard work sometimes, but he and the other guys in the school did a really goood job.
I'm very proud of him. He went every day, and never whined about it.

4 comments:

  1. Since I couldn't type for diddly squat, here's what I meant to say:
    Big Thumbs Up for Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was really happy with the money. I took him to practice, and since Kevin didn't really run that much this summer, the female coach said, "He didn't? He looks better than last year!"

      Delete
  2. Kudos for Kevin! I haven't time to checkin and read the blog in about a week. RNG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took him to practice and I figured I'd run on the track. Two miles at an average of 9.28 per mile.

      Delete