About

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

"Break" On Through

Nine times out of ten, when my friend Bill recommends a show for me to TiVo, it's usually something dreadful like Dancing with the Stars or Lost. So, when he told me that I had to watch Fox's new series Prison Break, I rolled my eyes, and reluctantly agreed.

I guess even a blind Bill occasionally finds a nut.

I realize that I now have zero credibility after recommending the God-awful Over There - I waited on this review until I watched three episodes - but I implore you; give me another chance. Prison Break rocks! Here's your plot rundown:

"An engineer (Wentworth Miller) installs himself in a prison he helped designed in order to help his brother (Purcell), a death-row inmate who insists he didn't not commit the crime for which he's been sentenced to die, escape." - "Borrowed" from imdb.com.

My barometer of an entertaining show usually depends upon whether or not I can keep track of time. One example is Battlestar Galactica. I am so wrapped up in the story that when the episode is over, I am surprised. As I watched this week's episode of Prison Break, I couldn't believe that the hour went by so fast. This is a show worthy of your time.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip, Wyatt. I'm definitely going to give it a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wyatt, I couldn't agree more...Prison Break rocks, big time!! A must watch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would rather have John Doe back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you say there is a guy in the pen that says he didn't do it...I don't know if I can suspend my disbelief that much.

    ReplyDelete