About

Monday, September 05, 2005

Let The Games Begin

A lot of folks will tell you that firefighters play the best practical jokes. Although I agree that they really know their craft, I would respectfully disagree that they are the kings of the mountain. That title lies with police officers.

For example, a few months ago, an officer in my squad called police radio and had them dispatch the following job: "16, can you check the area for two white males inside a dark sedan having 'relations?'" The officer, who happened to be the prankster who called it in, answered by saying, "Radio, be advised, that's just our plainclothes team." Suffice to say, the plainclothes team was both embarrassed and pissed!

Of course, it's not as funny when you're the victim. On Thursday morning, I was going at it with one of the guys in my squad. He was calling me "Captain Neckfat," and I was calling him "Goggles Paesano" after posting his Police ID picture - complete with oversized specs - around the district. After a while, he went out to patrol while I was working inside.

Six o'clock rolls around, and I pack up to go home. I jump in my car and start my drive. As I'm motoring along, a white van is tailgating me. He speeds up, then backs off. I see the driver in the rear view mirror, and he seems to be squinting at my license plate. After a few minutes, I think that there's something wrong with the car, or my plate is falling off. I pull over and look at the plate to find this:


"Goggles" pasted a piece of paper over the actual plate with this! I was never so embarrassed in my life. Goggles, it's on!!!

10 comments:

  1. I have 4 police officers in my family and while they are good, the 1 firefighter takes the prize around here. NEVER turn your back on either...they are sneaky...but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeesh!

    "Goggles" sounds to me like a real douche.

    Just say the word, and I'll "take care" of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome... Consider that idea stolen for use against my business partner. Hell, I'm going to use the exact photo from your site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SK - Sneaky, yes. Fun, yes. Gonna get theirs? YES!

    Damian - He's a great cop, but a little warped. I'll get him soon enough.

    Tony B - Feel free! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn that's so funny. I an SO stealing that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm laughing just thinking about what the payback might be. I have no doubt that he's gonna get his...keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Goggles" must not be intimidated by you to play such a humiliating (but hilarious!) prank. Make him pay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell Goggles his name sounds Gay.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Insol - He's about 6'5" and 220 or so. I am 5'9" (on a good day) and, well, not that impressive. Of course, I have the bigger brain, and he will get his soon enough!

    GunnNutt - It WAS funny; I'll give him that, but I'm working on something. I'll keep everyone posted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wyatt, that is pretty good. I've been victim to similar jokes. I love it. I can certainly dish it out too. I think you were one of my victims a while back.
    Practical jokes are a great way to relieve stress. (as long as no one gets hurt) "It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye".
    Game on........

    ReplyDelete