About

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Warning Shots

Just a few things on my mind:
  • Today I face a dilemma: my hometown Eagles are playing my favorite team, the Denver Broncos. My family will be watching the contest at my cousin Craig's home in King of Prussia. (Who exactly was the King of Prussia, anyway?) Since I am 100% evil (see yesterday's post), I plan to wear my Jake Plummer jersey amidst my Eagles-lovin' relatives. Heh.
  • If there are any readers located in the Atlanta area, I would appreciate it if you would heckle and harass Thrashers defenseman Niclas Havelid for the remainder of the NHL season. A side bet in my fantasy hockey league involved the last team to have a player with no points would owe $5 to the pot. Although my team is currently in first place, Havelid had no points as of Wednesday morning, so I put him on waivers. That night, he scored a goal and an assist. Bastard!!!
  • Tonight at 9pm the X-Men will try and crawl out of our two-game losing streak. Unfortunately, we have to again face the Ice Bandits – who spanked us by a score of 6-0 two weeks ago. Yay! Be there or kindly be square. (We could use the fans!)

3 comments:

  1. I was using mapquest to put together a road trip iternerary this morning and we want to see Valley Forge. What I want to know is why is Valley Forge next to King of Prussia? King of Prussia? Guess it's better than King of England (ahem).

    And I like the jersey idea. Kind of like my idea to wear my fry mumia T-shirt to Philly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to be there...but it's kind of a long drive:) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prof - Couldn't tell you, other than the fact that the entire area is filled with folks of German/Slovak descent. My grandparents lived in Bridgport (near Noristown) and their church said mass in Slovak.

    SK - Appreciate the offer, though! Missed a great checking game :)

    ReplyDelete