About

Monday, October 31, 2005

Back To Respectability

Someone call Hell and get the weather forecast.

The X-Men actually won a game last night, beating the Ice Bandits by a score of 5-1. I was as surprised as you were, considering the Bandits spanked us the last time we played, 6-0. The contest got a little chippy after the first period; yours truly took a lovely elbow to the jaw, and my linemate Chris took a stick to the face, causing a laceration above his eye. Chris couldn't care less about the injury - which probably needed stitches, but he wouldn't hear of it - his main concern was that he got blood all over his new jersey. Now that's a hockey player!

As far as ol' Wyatt is concerned, I didn't score any points, but played a pretty good defensive game, and kept the Bandits of the scoreboard when I was on the ice. (That's about the closest thing to "self praise" you'll get from me.) Long story short: I didn't suck.

The win puts the X-Men back at .500 (2-2), and on a collision course with "not half bad" status.

9 comments:

  1. Wyatt,
    Do I get double points for beating steve(my brother) out of 2 FIRSTS?

    Isn't there a saying that old age and wisdom beats out youth and enthusiasm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard, Joe. Steve is gonna kill you now!

    I would agree with that other statement, but some of those young guns last night were skating by me like I was standing still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for not sucking! Way to go Wyatt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That because Joe doesn't actually have a Job to go to!! Some of us have to work for a living!!

    I only kill him on the basketball court, baseball diamond, football field, you know pretty much everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops sorry, Way to win! Even if the body does hurt afterwards!! always feels good to win!! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! Not sucking is a really great thing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GunnNutt- Thanks. I think.

    Steve - I must be getting in shape, because I felt okay yesterday.

    SK - Thanks. Not only did I not suck, I ALMOST played well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skating by like you were standing still? Who's showing their age, now? ;)

    ReplyDelete