About

Saturday, October 15, 2005

"White Zinfandel. Shaken, Not Stirred."

Posts about MGM's new choice for James Bond (Daniel Craig) are about as common as folks who "made it" with Paris Hilton nowadays. Dave at Garfield Ridge has a great James Bond Haiku Contest going on through Sunday, and the late night talk shows are abuzz with info on the new guy – as well as some of those who were passed over.

One of those have-nots is Hugh Jackman, who played the role of Wolverine in the X-Men films. According to Hollywood sources, Jackman did not get the role because he "seemed too gay." Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Am I missing something here? There isn't a more testosterone-laden character in all of Christendom than Wolverine, and Jackman pulled it off superbly. Besides, since when are the Broccoli brothers concerned with the sexuality of their bread and butter? I mean is there a bigger poster boy for "flamboyance" than Roger Moore? Gayer than a French horn.

7 comments:

  1. I think they were using "gay" as a synonym for "Canadian". I do that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blonde Bond is Fey Bond.
    The women better be hot!
    Or I'm not going.

    hehe I entered

    ReplyDelete
  3. Timothy Dalton was even gayer than Roger Moore. His favorite weapons are a can of Aqua-Net and a manicure kit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pandy - Really? Me too!

    Ty - I'm sure they'll be hot - just not as "pretty" as Bondie.

    Insol - And he had really disturbing sideburns. Eww!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dig Timothy Dalton, but not as Bond so much- Prince Barin is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pandy - Wow. Flash Gordon. You're showing your age, deary. I just bet you LOVED the soundtrack by Queen: "Flash! O, Ohhhhhh!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Showing my age!? Maybe I am just a fan of cheesy films and Queen! harumph...

    Okay, you got me. I was three when it came out. My hubby wasn't even born yet, though, and he is a Queen fan too. I went looking for it on DVD today but was unsuccessful. Guess that is what the Internet is for.

    ReplyDelete