About

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Boycott Philadelphia!

The Philadelphia City Council has jumped on the "Boycott Aruba" bandwagon. City councilmen Juan Ramos and Jack Kelly will introduce the idea to the council for a vote shortly. One would think that in the wake of crippling wage taxes, municipal layoffs, and a corruption scandal involving one of their own, my hometown politicians would have more important things to discuss than the disappearance – oh, let's just say it: the death – of a missing Alabama teen.

As a result of this puzzling turn of events, Support Your Local Gunfighter is calling for a boycott of Philadelphia. Please stay away from uh, let's see, Philadelphia brand cream cheese, um, Will Smith, and oh, U.S. currency bearing the likeness of Benjamin Franklin. (Feel free to send your boycotted currency to the SYLG home office.) Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly--first.

    Unfortunately, the parents have no other way to seek justice for their missing child than to try to keep it in the news, by any means possible. Don't be so harsh on them, they're hurting. Since I'm from the same city as the Holloways, I'd have to give your city a thumbs up! (Can't they multi-task?!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon - Please, don't confuse my ripping our City Council with the tragedy of the Holloway case. I think that they may never get justice, and I agree a boycott is justified. However, my city council CANNOT multi-task, and I see this as just another publicity stunt to grab some of the spotlight for themselves.

    ReplyDelete