About

Saturday, November 05, 2005

From The Mouths Of Babes

As part of my stress-relief regimen, my four-year old son and I watched parts of Star Wars: Episode IV (you know, the original) last night. Although I was wary about the violence, he loves Darth Vader, and I thought that the final battle above the Death Star would be okay. Besides, he has seen the Battle of Hoth a hundred times, because he loves the "dinosaurs" – aka the Imperial Walkers.

Kyle doesn't know any of the characters yet except Vader and the stormtroopers - like all real men, he prefers the Empire above the wussy Rebel Alliance – which made some of his comments even more entertaining.

Upon seeing the X-Wings attack the Death Star: "Dad, why are those bad men hurting the good stormtroopers?"

After seeing Vader summon the TIE Fighter pilots: "Oh, I love those black stormtroopers!"

The one that made me laugh out loud occurred after Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon blast a Vader's fighter out of the trench: "I'm glad he got Darth Vader, because he (Vader) wasn't letting any of the other stormtroopers shoot. He wasn't sharing."

God, I love that boy. (Tear.)

7 comments:

  1. Is this a grand slam--2 firsts??!

    Note to Wyatt: enjoy your time with son! Star Wars rules at our house! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. *sniff*

    There's hope yet for the next generation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lin - Yeah, I'll bet Steve is pissssssed . . . with flair!

    Uber - I'm trying to do the same with my lacrosse team - turning them on the the real James Bond (Sean Connery), and real films like Escape from New York. Kids need a sense of history, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there violence in Star Wars?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'He wasn't sharing' from the mouths of babes indeed! They're so precious and grow up far too soon!!

    Quality time with you son has to be the best possible way to de-stress... Enjoy every second!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound a LOT better Wyatt. And your son sounds a lot like Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ty - For a four-year old? Yeah, probably. I am not a great person, but I try and be a good parent.

    D. Maria - I wish it were that simple. I can't get my mind off of this sergeant.

    Gunn - I WAS better, until tonight. (See above). I am contemplating quiting both my job AND this blog. I just don't have the energy for either anymore, and people don't want to read about my problems.

    ReplyDelete