About

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Hardly A Bleak-end

Why is it that when I have weekends off (which comes around only four times a year) my itinerary is filled weeks beforehand? Today my wife's former college roommate is coming for dinner with her family. If everything goes according to plan, the kids will play together, the wives will gab about whatever you women gab about, and Scott and I will drink Captain Morgan and Coke while playing PlayStation 2. Nice!

On Sunday, my cousins and uncles will be attending Philadelphia Park to bet on the ponies. Hopefully, I will do as well as my first time, when I won ninety bucks! On Sunday night, the X-Men will face the Bad Land Boys on the ice at 7:40pm. A win will put us above .500, and assure us some endorsement deals. "Lectric Shaaaaave!"

3 comments:

  1. Oh why not..........first!

    Have a great RELAXING week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone. "Oh, you're off Saturday night? Let's have (insert names here) over." Or "Let's go over so and so's house". I would love to have a weekend, or two, where I have nothing to do. Four times a year to feel like a normal person. (I said FEEL LIKE Wyatt).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda - So far, so good. Our guests just left, and the house is a mess from Hurricanes Kyle, Kailey, Nathan, and Erik.

    Wagon - I know. One weekend just to vegetate and watch sports - is that too much to ask? Nice recovery with the "feel like" comment, too. Be safe tonight.

    ReplyDelete