About

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Detective To District: "Drop Dead!"

"Somebody messes with me, I'm gonna mess with him." - Al Capone, The Untouchables

My district had its annual Christmas party after work this morning. Nothing like drinking at 9am. Since I am getting promoted - and I can't stand most of those people - I made an excuse not to go. Thankfully, I still have a few friends left there who would make great intelligence officers. I received an e-mail report of the festivities an hour ago. Here are the lowlights:

Hold on, I have to duct tape my head before we proceed.
  • The "woman" everyone refers to as "Barney Fife" - she's a dead ringer for Don Knotts - was telling everyone that I wouldn't like being a detective. I guess she figured I wouldn't be able to handle the workload. This from the biggest bum in the department. Fife was in my academy class, and she has no sick time left. None after eleven years! This broad takes off sick for a pimple. Hey Barney, do you think you're giving us sour grapes, since you took the detective's test and failed miserably? Ass.
  • My sergeant - not the infamous Sergeant A-Hole, but an a-hole nonetheless - was telling my friend that I had been miserable the last six months and am "burning my bridges." First of all, anyone would be miserable if they had to wait sixteen months for a promotion, while stuck in a district with a sergeant who made life difficult for him. Secondly, if I ever get demoted and put back in that district I will choose suicide instead. Burning my bridges? Flame on!
  • The same Gil Gerard-looking sergeant - whom I mercifully kept of this blog - was talking to the sergeant I get along with and saying that he didn't know if the squad would be getting me a promotion gift because I had such a bad attitude. Oh darn, whatever will I do? Look, Buck Rogers, I specifically told everyone there that I did not want a party. That being said, everyone who ever gets promoted usually gets a badge and wallet with their new number. Besides, I'd rather get it from someone I respect, instead of a supervisor who hangs outside the bar trying to pick up drunk co-eds.

I realize it's hypocritical to slam people behind their backs for slamming me behind my back, but that e-mail really set me off. Sorry. I'll post something later that isn't filled with bile.

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes, bile is a good thing! ;)
    I like all your post, Wyatt.
    (Especially, when I'm one before second!)

    Heh. You'll do great, bro!
    Ef-em if they can't take a joke...

    ReplyDelete
  2. eff those punks!

    Just bitch slap 'em... always a moral booster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how long has it been since you pistol whipped someone? Ya sound due...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the?? I'll chip in for a promotion gift from your commenters. I know you don't respect us but you like most of us better than the slackers at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh, they're just jealous. They have no lives and you are getting on with your life. Screw em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maaan! I step away for one little weekend and POW!! You get a promotion!! Let me be the first... Aw crap I can't be the first, oh well, CONGRATS! Man, that is awesome. And I am with peakah and cug on this post!! You will do great!! Sorry I didn't see sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congrats on your promotion...and tell those others to kiss your a$$!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm rather hoping that Barney Fife will repeat the "may not like detective" remark to you, so that you can tell her, "We'll see. Let me know when you've tried it."

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUG - Yeah, sometimes I gotta just blow off some steam. I felt better after writing it.

    Peak - Agreed! Never pistol whipped anyone, and only struck someone with my baton once in 11 years!

    SK - You got it all wrong! I love and respect every one of my readers - if for no other reason than they have good taste in blogs. :)

    RT - The voice of reason!

    Sssteve - Thanks! I was pretty psyched when I found out.

    Pam - Will do! :) And thanks!

    AFW - That's great!!! You're my speechwriter if I ever run for office!

    ReplyDelete