About

Sunday, January 08, 2006

"Ice" To Be Back

After a brutally long Christmas break - Yeah, I said "Christmas," ya wanna fight about it? - our hockey league gets back to business tonight. The management at the Flyers Skate Zone said that we were given a break because they didn't want to conflict with anyone's vacation plans.

As if.

I think that they gave us such a long break so I could get fatter and fatter - what with the Christmas turkey and all. Either way, I get to lace 'em up tonight, and show the world my rust. Our team (The X-Men) is currently in 4th place - out of 5 teams - but the top four make the playoffs, so we're safe for now.

7 comments:

  1. W,
    Bigger is better even in hockey. You now have the leverage to run THEM into the sideboards!

    BTW... F-F-F-First!!!

    Where is Linda-Girl and Stevie-Boy?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was shearing the sheep and all those other good things!Have no idea what SSSStevie is doing. Maybe he's tryin' to figure out how to cinch that saddle he keeps fallin' out of! Wavin' at you, SSSStevie--giddyup!

    Good luck, Earpy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JC - Bigger? Or fatter?

    Lin - Can't you and Ssssteve continue your war on HIS blog???

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can slay your teammates with your cool detective stories and intimidate your opponents with, "I detect you are an arse!" OR "I detect you are going to slam into the boards now thanks to this brutal check I am about to place on you." :) Have a good game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RT - "I detect that you are an arse." LOL!!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Psssst, SSSStevie, in case you didn't notice, we've been evicted! The detective seems to be irritated with us--me more than you somwhow--and the little game we were playing! (Who's on first) I think he just likes to throw his weight around but he is armed! (And could be dangerous!) I'm not going near any dark alleys, just in case!

    ReplyDelete