About

Friday, January 27, 2006

Miracle On Ice

As in, “It’s a miracle I didn’t keel over after the month-long break.” My first game back with the X-Men was an exercise in futility. We faced the top-ranked Battalion, and victory (for them) was all but assured after their two quick goals in four minutes. You know the team is suffering from bad karma when, after my first shift, I went to wipe the ice shavings from my skate blade, and I sliced my left index finger. The rest of my time on the bench was spent trying to stop the bleeding.

I’m not sure if it was the frustration or the blood loss, but the rest of the game was a blur. We were outplayed from pillar to post, and lost by a final of 11-4. And speaking of bad karma, our next is scheduled for Sunday, February 5th – which happens to be Super Bowl Sundayat 7:30PM!!! If any player from either team shows up for that one, that team can gladly have the forfeit.

7 comments:

  1. Um, does that qualify as team spirit? Just askin'!

    Hope your digit is okay! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin - Smells like it. (Ha! I made a Nirvana-related punny!) Finger is better, but still hurts like hell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of ice and skates---I'm sure you'll be happy to know Kwan got the okay today! And I'm sure you're going to be rooting for her, won't you? (The answer is a great big YES!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what you get for being a freakin' Rangers fan!!!!! Grrr.

    Just kidding, lest folks think I'm like the one percent of Philly sports fans.

    That's like the worst paper cut ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lin - Yeah, rooting for her to break a leg . . . literally!

    ReplyDelete
  6. RT - Now, now, it was easier to root for the Rangers when they stunk. And yeah, it still smarts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Earpy! Please seek some pain meds!! Bad cowboy, bad cowboy!!

    ReplyDelete