About

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Frak Villanova!

So, I’m working last night, and I stop by the Special Investigations Unit in the division and notice that they are watching the Saint Joseph’s-Villanova game on ESPN2. I sit for a sec and watch the end of the first half, since my Hawks are up by ten. “Sweet,” I say to myself, since the game is for the Big Five Championship. The Hawks are having a mediocre season at best, but the Villanova game is always the Super Bowl at Hawk Hill. An upset would make my life.

About twenty minutes later I call home – I can’t exactly watch an entire college basketball game while working – and ask the missus if she can check the score. After taking an eternity to find ESPN2 on the TV – there should be a “Favorites” icon there – she tells me that the Hawks are losing by 13!!! What the frak happened?!!! I know what happened; the real Hawks showed up, and now I have to suffer the unending torment of my Uncle Ray, a ‘Nova grad. Blast!

2 comments: