About

Friday, February 10, 2006

People I Hate

Sheryl Crow

Dear Baby, Welcome to Dumpsville. Population: You!” – Sheryl Crow. I knew it! When this “power couple” first shacked up, I was one of the first pundits to say what everyone else was thinking: that the second Lance Armstrong retired, the Old Crow would fly the coop. True enough, this week the media reeled at Crow’s Feat: dropping the best cyclist the world has ever seen. Oh sure, she was madly in love – with the spotlight – while cheering on “her man” at the Tour de France, but it only took her six months to realize that life with a retired athlete – many years her junior, by the way – lacked the attention she so desperately craved.

I ought to thank Sheryl for confirming my suspicions: that she’s a media whore.

Philadelphia Flyers Goaltender Robert Esche

What can I say about Robert “Mesh” that hasn’t been said about any other sieve? To say this guy couldn’t save coupons would be giving him too much credit. Hell, this guy makes Bob Froese look talented! “Mesh” is the albatross that is sinking the Flyers’ playoff chances, and for some inane reason, Team USA thought this waste of a jersey would be their go-to guy in Torino. So, basically, the Americans’ best chances for Olympic gold are a sieve, a drunken skier, and a prima donna who didn’t deserve her place on the figure skating squad. Swell.

Zealots Who Can’t Take A Joke

IT WAS A CARTOON, YOU FRAKKING LUNATICS!!! Somebody remind me again why Islam calls itself “The Religion of Peace?” Being a Roman Catholic, I have had to endure all sorts of criticism from liberal Democrats, starving artists who use urine as a paintbrush, and Muslims who say “Convert or die.” And yet, I have yet to burn down an embassy, kill innocent civilians, or issue a fatwa against the Syrians. Why? Because I’m not insane. I love how Muslims are rioting and killing in an effort to get an apology from the Danish – Mmm . . . Danish! – Government, while at the same time threatening to wipe Israel off the map. Hypocrites! Oh, and I thought the cartoon was hilarious!

13 comments:

  1. So has the poolice department shown support of the Danes by switching from donuts to danishes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. gaefi
    Doc - I'm more of a bagel and cream cheese kinda guy. Does that mean I support Israel? (I do, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one, Dr.
    All Sheryl wanted to do was have some fun. Remember that.
    Word verification -- the reason to switch to Haloscan for comments.
    Wyatt, got a question for you. E-mail me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheryl=liberal hippy! enough said!

    So are you saying your goalie gets scored on more than say.... Paris Hilton?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you had your BP checked lately? Whew..such venom! Stop talking about Michelle or I might have to quit ya! I like Lance but I don't think his arm was twisted--he did have a wife who gave him 3 kids and saw him through cancer, you know!
    And I'd like to say I hate word verification, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lance deserves whatever he gets. Nuff said. And Sheryl Crowe loves Hollywood...self explanatory. They were a match made in heaven, specially when he said he was gonna run for office in Texas as a Republican. I was lookin' forward to the show;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bob - All Sheryl wanted to do was have some fun . . . in a spotlight. I e-mailed ya.

    Sssteve - Well, let's not get nuts.

    CUG - Much obliged.

    Lin - Yeah, the BP is probably a little high, but I thrive on that stuff. Lance was a crud for leaving the (HOT) wifr, and I railed him on it, but I think Crow was after the publicity, not Lance.

    SK- Yeah, she is VERY Hollywood. That should have been Lance's first warning sign.

    AH - She's hot . . . for her age, but Lance could do much better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As someone in a very low spot in the stats in the FHL, maybe goalie scouting isn't your strong suit.

    Last game Esche let up 2 goals and the Flyers are back on track.

    Antero's last game. . . .5 goals.

    Better than any Slovak. . . .

    Besides with Mr. Tkachuk on Team USA, can gold be far behind?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmmm, Another win for Esche last night.

    And I hear that Sheryl Crow is singing the National Anthem at the game today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read the prima donna (KWAN)might drop out of the competition. It seems the, "long plane ride and marching in the opening ceremonies" have caused groing issues. She even cut her practice short and doesn't rule out dropping from the games. Your wish may have come true! :) Maybe Ms. Hughes will get the chance to skate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good post. I never liked Sheryl Crow although she can sing. And I agree about the overreaction by the muslims.

    ReplyDelete