About

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

It Begins

"It's the most wonderful time of the year . . . "

Today is March 1st - opening day of the high school lacrosse season in Philadelphia. It also means that I'll be spending even less time at home now, since I am still coaching at Northeast Catholic High School. Unfortunately, my time with the lads has been curtailed due to my promotion, but I'll be able to help out on days off.

Last year was a rough one. We were well under .500, and missed the playoffs. Luckily, we have most of our impact players returning this season, so maybe we can turn things around. Coaching is a lot of work. It's fun work, but work nonetheless. By the end of most seasons, I don't want to see a high school kid for months. By March 1st, I'm energized and ready to get back into the fight.

Gentlemen, start your engines!

3 comments:

  1. Now you about half of what it is like to be a teacher. I'm ready to never see a teenager ever again by June, and then by the end of July I find myself missing my students and missing teaching. I start planning. I have awesome kids this year, so I'm not suffering student-fatigue yet. Good luck with the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RT - Thanx. So far, we have a good bunch, but we're clamping down on the frivolity this season, since we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great luck this season... LAX rocks.

    ReplyDelete