About

Thursday, March 16, 2006

People I Hate

I’m a day early with this week’s PIH, but tomorrow will be a very busy, stressful day in the Earp household. And away we go.

Senator Russ Feingold

The distinguished Senator (HA!) has called for the censure of President Bush as a result of the “domestic spying scandal.” Feingold’s crusade is a purely selfless, apolitical move aimed at the betterment of the country. What’s that; he’s planning to run for President in 2008? What’s that; there’s no provision in the Constitution for a “censure” of a President?? What’s that; Feingold and his cohorts have the power to revoke the funding for the so-called “domestic spying program,” but have yet to do so??? Interesting.

“Big Boi”

Big Boi is yet another rapper-turned-soon-to-be-failed-movie-star. Currently starring in “The ATL,” a film I am sure will make billions at the box office, Big Boi plays an inner city thug. Something tells me this won’t be much of a stretch. Can we please stop with the urban gangsta films starring rap artists? Garbage such as this never makes a dime, and it just shows how lazy Hollywood has become.

The Philadelphia Flyers

Okay, I don’t hate them, exactly, but I hate the way they have been playing of late. It is amazing this team can play at all, because cardiovascular exercise usually requires a heart – something the Flyers have been lacking. No one on this squad - including my favorite player Peter Forsberg - has been earning their paycheck this month, and with the playoffs fast approaching, I am starting to worry.

4 comments:

  1. I've had a love/hate relationship with the Flyers all year. I'm tired of the injury excuse. Frakin' play!!!!!! What happens to players that come here from other teams? Do they cut off their "hockey pucks" when they give them the uniform? grrrrr....

    Hope tomorrow isn't too stressful for you ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My old sergeant said it best: Wayne Gretzky could come here and stink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RT, Wyatt...
    Am with you on this. But I'll say again what I've been sayin' for weeks now... this is NOT the year they're gunning for -- next year is. The rookies won't be rookies; good Lord willing, Primeau will be back (ditto Johnsson); Niitty will be settled in as the No. 1 keeper... and Forsberg will want to leave North America with a Cup. And I have to admit I like the way the newest guys (Dimitrakos and Gauthier) have come in and played.

    ReplyDelete