About

Friday, March 31, 2006

People I Hate

Sean Hannity

Yeah, I know this will make LMC go into convulsions, but this week, it is well deserved. Hannity is an acquired taste, and I just recently started listening to him again after last year’s April Fools stunt – where he pretended he was a flaming liberal for two hours; which was about one hour and fifty-nine minutes longer than it was funny. Any hoo, Hannity had Philly talk show bore Michael Smerconish – a regular at PIH - on today’s radio program. Smerconish has a new book ripping today’s P.C. culture, and Hannity needed three boxes of lip gloss for all the butt kissing he was doing. I guess he has no problem with Smerconish’s recent lefty views, including his demand for a timetable (read: a specific date and time) for the U.S. withdraw from Iraq. Smerconish is a conservative like John Murtha is a war hawk. And Hannity is now persona non grata in the Earp household.

The Protestors Du Jour

Where are the water cannons when you need them? Can someone explain why thousands of people have been protesting in the streets in support of illegal immigration? And, of course, if someone points out said illegality, they are instantly branded as a racist. Well, I am completely against illegal immigration, no matter what the skin tone. So, I’m a racist. Sue me. If these immigrants and their rabble are so desirous to live in America, then why are they flying the flag of Mexico during their marches? If it’s so terrific back there, feel free to return.

Christopher “Earp”

Chris is my brother. And I hate him. I hate him because he is better looking than me - no great feat. I hate him because he got all of the athletic talent - he regularly competes in triathlons. I hate him because he is smarter than me - he breezed through Drexel University while I was struggling with Russian History at Saint Joseph’s. I hate him because he has a bigger house in the suburbs - although he paid for it with a lot of hard work. And finally, I hate him because today is his birthday, and I forgot to mail out his card. Don't worry about me, though - my parents gave me the bigger room. Oh well, happy 34th birthday anyway, Chris!

10 comments:

  1. I don't like "Baby Jesus" Sean Hannity.

    Neal Boortz RULES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be full of hate; have you tried therapy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean gave Alex Baldwin a work over on the radio this week. I like Sean!

    You forgot that Chris is also younger than you! So you're the firstborn--that explains alot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMC just threw her monitor into the neighbor's yard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate everyone in congress right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. His birthday is one day after mine, though he's a young'un. Wish I were 34 again ... wow, what was going on when I was 34? Oh jeez, Bush.41 was in the White House and we hadn't heard of Slick Willie yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I hated more when Hannity did his liberal April Fools was the people who fell for it...or maybe they were people he paid to argue with him. I'm not a huge fan...I think he ignores things to keep his point at times. But I do like how Hannity shut Alec Baldwin up and sent him whining out the door.

    I agree with Steve...I'm really not liking any politicians now. Can we recall all of them?

    As for Chris, I obviously don't know him well enough to hate him. So I'll just wish him a happy birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, you're lucky I like you so much or you would be in trouble :-). Your's and the Man's comments cracked me up though.

    I don't always agree with him but I do think he's awesome. You can't hate him though for one disagreement (I guess you can but I'm saying you shouldn't :-)). The April Fool's thing did annoy me. And I did have a friend calling me up in a panic. I'm like--its April Fool's day, there is no way he is a lefty. Take a downer.

    Don't give up on my buddy Hannity for one incident :-). Thats my 2 cents worth.

    The Man:
    My monitor is still in my house :-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just noticed you writing about hating your brother so I guess Hannity is in good company. Tell him LMC says Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ty - I like Neal, but we don't get him here in Philly.

    Doc - Frak no! I don't need no God-damned therapy! Screw you!!!

    Lin - Agreed. He shut him up, so there's a good point. Chris is three years younger, and our sister Allison is 16 years younger than me. Just the three of us.

    TM - Someone call tech support!

    Sssteve - Agreed.

    Prof - Or better yet, I wish I was 22 again!

    RT - Yeah, they were morons, but the whole bit turned me off.

    No chance.

    You don't have to do that!

    LMC - He's okay, but he does grate on my nerves from time to time. And I'll give Chris your regards.

    ReplyDelete