About

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The 2nd Nerd Trivia Contest

The first ever SYLG Nerd Trivia Contest was less than successful as far as participation was concerned. However, that didn’t stop Stella Piccolo from running away with the title. It was the question about The Tick that put her over the top. Fear not, aspiring nerds, the winner of this installment of SYLGNT will receive an honest-to-goodness prize: a genuine piece of SYLG memorabilia. (Obviously, the winner will have to send me a mailing address – which will be kept confidential.)

The first person to e-mail me (rightwing24@peoplepc.com) with the most correct answers by Friday, April 28, 2006 will be able to shout, “Victory is mine!Please don’t post the answers in the comments section, so as to not tip off your competitors. Good luck!

Part 1: General Nerd Trivia

1. Give the full name of Squidward’s similar-looking archrival from SpongeBob SquarePants.

2. Name the actor who played Apollo in the original Battlestar Galactica who also plays Tom Zarek in the new series.

3. Name the villain who writes his name on the moon in an episode of The Tick (The Animated Series).

4. In the TV series “Smallville,” what is Lois Lane’s nickname for Clark Kent?

5. Name Solid Snake’s female ally in the hit videogame Metal Gear Solid. Only her first name is necessary. Brownie points for the full name.

6. Name the fictional martial arts program Kip and Napoleon consider joining in Napoleon Dynamite.

7. What’s the first name of the Corporate Accounts Payable receptionist in Office Space? “Corporate Accounts Payable, __________ Speaking. Just a moment.”

8. In Beavis and Butt-Head, name the band whose name appears on Stuart’s shirt.

9. In Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country, Klingon General Chang is constantly quoting which author?

10. What is the nickname for NASCAR’s Darlington Speedway?

Part 2: Knowing Your Blog Host (Multiple Guess)

1. Who is my favorite X-Men character?

a. Wolverine
b. Juggernaut
c. Nightcrawler

2. Who is my favorite Spider-man villain?

a. Rhino
b. Mysterio
c. Vulture

3. Name my favorite band.

a. REM
b. The Ramones
c. The Psychedelic Furs

4. What is my favorite single-digit number? It can be found three times on my two police badges (Officer and Detective)?

a. 2
b. 4
c. 9

5. Which Blogger was the first to place SYLG in their sidebar?

a. Dr. Phat Tony’s
b. GOP and the City
c. The Conservative UAW Guy

11 comments:

  1. Dude, I would love to participate, but I can't answer but a few of those questions. I have never even seen smallville, or battlestar galactica. The one time I tried to watch office space, I was with a young lady, and, well, I wasn't really paying attention. That's Trivial Pursuit type stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're insane!! The only one I know the answer to is the Spongebob one and thats only because I asked my 10 yr. old son. Sheesh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I guess the good news is since I can't answer the questions it means I'm not a nerd. Whew :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!!!! I am not a nerd!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wyatt.....did you get hit in the head again? Please tell us you had to look up the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cripes! I thought the first ten were too easy, which is why I added the last five. So far, only Randal and Ty have entered. Slackers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the Smallville one and I could probably find some others but I don't want to be a nerd! Plus, I have pictures to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, c'mon:

    #2 is a pretty easy.
    #6 is just way too easy.
    #7: If you don't know #7, you should leave, now.
    #8. Old school easy.

    That's 4 out of 10 that most semi-intelligent people should get.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I suck at this game. How bout some monopoly?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am utterly bewildered by almost all of the questions this time.

    Still haven't had my coffee though (I start commenting from the top down).

    ReplyDelete