About

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Nerd Trivia (Answer Key)

Even the promise of a prize was not enough to get you slackers motivated! Only three people (Randal Graves, Fmragtops, and Tyler D.) entered this installment of Nerd Trivia. For shame! The answers will be listed below, and the final results will follow.

Part 1: General Nerd Trivia

1. Give the full name of Squidward’s similar-looking archrival from SpongeBob SquarePants. (Squilliam Fancyson)

2. Name the actor who played Apollo in the original Battlestar Galactica who also plays Tom Zarek in the new series. (Richard Hatch)

3. Name the villain who writes his name on the moon in an episode of The Tick (The Animated Series). (Chairface Chippendale. Hat Tip to Tyler who reminds me that Chairface made the plan, but Professor Chromedome actually did the laser writing!)

4. In the TV series “Smallville,” what is Lois Lane’s nickname for Clark Kent? (Smallville)

5. Name Solid Snake’s female ally in the hit videogame Metal Gear Solid. Only her first name is necessary. Brownie points for the full name. (Meryl Silverburgh)

6. Name the fictional martial arts program Kip and Napoleon consider joining in Napoleon Dynamite. (Rex Kwon Do)

7. What’s the first name of the Corporate Accounts Payable receptionist in Office Space? “Corporate Accounts Payable, __________ Speaking. Just a moment.” (Nina)

8. In Beavis and Butt-Head, name the band whose name appears on Stuart’s shirt. (Winger)

9. In Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country, Klingon General Chang is constantly quoting which author? (William Shakespeare)

10. What is the nickname for NASCAR’s Darlington Speedway? ("The Track Too Tough To Tame." I would have also accepted "The Lady In Black")

Part 2: Knowing Your Blog Host (Multiple Guess)

1. Who is my favorite X-Men character?
a. Wolverine
b. Juggernaut
c. Nightcrawler

2. Who is my favorite Spider-man villain?
a. Rhino
b. Mysterio
c. Vulture

3. Name my favorite band.
a. REM
b. The Ramones
c. The Psychedelic Furs

4. What is my favorite single-digit number? It can be found three times on my two police badges (Officer and Detective)?
a. 2
b. 4
c. 9

5. Which Blogger was the first to place SYLG in their sidebar?
a. Dr. Phat Tony’s
b. GOP and the City
c. The Conservative UAW Guy

The Results

Winner: Randal Graves (Damn, that hurt to type.) Randal had a mere three incorrect answers: #4 in Part One, and #3 and 4 in Part Two. Bravo! Now everyone brace yourselves for the inescapable bragging.

Second Place (Tie): Fmragtops and Tyler D. Both Fm and Tyler had four incorrect answers: Fm missed #4 and #5 on Part One, and #4 and #5 in Part Two. Tyler missed #4 in Part One and #1, 4, and 5 in Part Two. Ty gets bonus points for the clarification of the question about The Tick. Nice!

Congrats to all, and thanks for having the wontons to enter!

12 comments:

  1. I AM THE STARTEST MAN ALIVE!!!! not to mention one of the most beautiful people in the world.

    "Ladies love me, girls adore me, even the ones that never saw me...." - Rob Bass

    If anyone needs some intelligence, there's some extra oozing out of my ear right now; I'd be glad to put it in a baggie for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you two related?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to remind Tyler D. what a nerd he is on Blogs 4 Bauer :-))).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lin - ZIP IT!!! Shouldn't you be preparing to watch T.S tonight???

    LMC - Oh, he'll LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps the next challenge could include people who don't have cable?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Preparing? I'm ALWAYS ready!!

    Answer the question, are you related?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait a minute! I want to protest one of my incorrect answers. According to Wikkipedia, there were about five women in Metal Gear Solid. How was I supposed to know which one you wanted? Mei Ling was the chick that saved your game. She invented the Codec. Can't I get some partial credit?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise - Some people still don't have cable? Amazing. :)

    Lin - I plead the fifth.

    Fm - I wrestled with that answer. Although she was not technically his partner, she was in the game. Unfortunately, Randal and Ty got it right, but I'll give you props for effort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nerd Trivia while I'm away!

    NICE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay. As long as I get "props." I spent alot of time googling those questions. Of course you chose the one Metal Gear Solid game I haven't played extensively. Oh, and I am saving my money for the PS3 just so I can play MGS4. The screenshots of that bad boy are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cop-out!

    ReplyDelete