About

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Golfing Takes A Lot Of Balls

It is said that alcohol dissipates with time. One could also say that drunken memories come back with time. The HHGR recap was missing a few key moments, such as Badger’s 96-foot putt on the ninth green - Yes, we walked out the distance – and Fish’s amazing display of accuracy after consecutively hitting a yardage marker, and two trees on a single hole. There were sound bites galore, which would make a halfway decent list.

Top Ten Things Overheard At HHGR

10.I went to church today. I raise my kids right.” – Fish, thanking God after his ball skipped off a pond and onto the 18th green.
9.Jesus, Badger, do you have to break wind every three minutes?” - Everyone
8.The last time I saw Fish, he was ‘resting’ on a chair at 5am.” – Badger
7.I’m still drunk.” – Fish, moments before our tee time.
6.Nice divot. That would make a great toupee, Vinnie.” – Wyatt
5.Nice hit, Vinnie. Does your husband play?” – Badger
4.That putt isn’t bad . . . (Ball quickly rolls past the cup.) . . . Now it is.” - Badger
3.Wyatt, did you pee your pants?” - Badger
2.Yes, I did.” – Wyatt (Smiling)

And the number one thing overheard at HHGR is . . .

1.Someone ask that girl if she is wearing panties!” – Vinnie

5 comments:

  1. Gallager was right. Skeet Golf. That is the game for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing that you have friends near me, I am never telling which golf course I live on:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you hear Who Let the Dogs Out playing anywhere during that time? (Of course, I mean that in the nicest way possible!) he

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most annoying thing about men...they never grow up. The most loveable and greatest thing about men...they never grow up. The male ability to still play, have fun, and have stupid fun is awesome. Sometimes I think we women folk think too much and forget how to "play."

    ReplyDelete
  5. BWH - Did you just quote Gallagher???

    SK - Then we'll have to abuse every one in the tri-state area.

    Lin - Not that I remember . . .

    RT - Hang out with my friends for an hour. You will be repulsed, but you'll spend 60 minutes laughing your ass off.

    ReplyDelete