About

Friday, May 26, 2006

You Blew It!

Wyatt explains the miscommunication to Deathlok.

After bragging all month long that I would be first in line for X-Men: The Last Stand, I completely and utterly dropped the ball. Yesterday, I mentioned to the wife that I needed to take the Wyattmobile to Saturn for an oil change and inspection. She called and made me an appointment at 2pm - the only slot that was open. I thought all was good with the world.

At about 9pm last night, I sat up and said, "Crap." I was supposed to go to see the film with Bill and Deathlok in the afternoon - the best time on opening day, since many of the little bastards would be in school - and now I have to take the car in for service. Leanne couldn't take it for me, because Erik sleeps from noon to 3pm.

Now, I'm in a pickle.

So, I took the e-mail equivalent of the "Walk of Shame" and told the guys I couldn't go. I never felt more ashamed. Thankfully, Deathlok still went, and gave me a call afterwards. He said it was terrific, and wrote up a pretty good review here.

I am now going to soak my delicates like a good little sissy.

2 comments: