About

Friday, May 26, 2006

Con-Graduations!

Kyle and the missus at Wednesday's graduation.

Well, fun's over. Wednesday was Kyle's last day at pre-Kindergarten. Starting in September, he will be attending all day Kindergarten at the local elementary school. Maybe I am just showing my age, but I think putting five-year olds through eight-hour school days is a little ridiculous. Cripes, when I was a kid, Kindergarten was always a half day, and I grew up . . . oh, never mind; I'm a mess.

The graduation itself was a blast. Karma must have kicked in, because my boy had his graduation on a roller hockey rink. Sweet! The pre-K class was only sixteen students strong, but every one was excited for the day - or just excited for summer vacation to arrive. The class sung a few songs, and the kids took turns leading everyone. Kyle led a song with two of his friends, but his lips barely moved. When we asked him why he wasn't singing, he replied, "I was shy." Just like Dad.

After the ceremony, we had refreshments in the school. The teachers also gave out pictures of the kids, and booklets every child created for their parents. Most of them were coloring book paper with questions the kids would answer. While perusing Kyle's booklet, I came across two questions in particular:

Q. If I had a million dollars, I would buy . . .

A. 50 thousand dinosaurs.

Q. When I grow up, I want to be . . .

A. Darth Vader.

That's my boy! (Sniff.)

12 comments:

  1. I just want to know where he's getting dinasaurs for $20 a pop. That's a great price...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, they're plastic. HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, I was about to open a theme park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe awe, just makes me wanna have a crumb cruncher or two someday, and yeah Rache - I was thinking the same thing about the price dinasaurs.. heh..kids.. the things they say and the logic behind it.. god love 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darth Vader? Excellent career choice. Is he practicing the breathing yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I for one, would like to thank you for being too shy to sing. The juggling with fish was bad enough.

    Congrats!! No Student Left behind.
    AP Blocks and Finger Painting all around.

    Speaking of Darth, he's going to be in town next week. If I get extra tickets, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kyle. gettin' it done! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Kyle!!! What a cutie:)

    BTW...out here we never had kindergarten until parents decided they needed free babysitting a year earlier. I started 1st grade at 5 yrs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kyle is now officially smarter than you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to Kyle! Hey come check out my blog, Im good buddies with Waldo J. Cartrige

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! What a cute and handsome lad. I hope the years to come bring him much success. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachel - Answer: VOLUME!

    Sssteve - Not according to him, they're not.

    AFW - No, but he has a lightsabre he's pretty handy with.

    Deathlok - Geek Convention? SWEET!

    Randal - It was official when he was six minths old.

    Scanman - Mumia supporters and friends of Mumia supporters are not welcome here.

    ReplyDelete