About

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Sick Sense

I see dead people . . . and wish I were one of them.

Two times in the last two years, I wound up with cellulitis. Cellulitis is a staph infection that - for me - runs through my leg, causing extreme pain and a very high fever. The last two times I caught it, I spent a week in the hospital each time.

Today, I woke up with it again.

The wife took my temperature at 10am, and it was a delightful 104. The pain from the cellulitis in my leg is so great that I can barely walk, and my back feels like it was hit with a sledge hammer. I am praying for death. This is the first time I have been out of bed all day. The doc said that there was no way I am going to work until at least Friday, and gave me some antibiotics to knock out the virus.

In the meantime, I'll blog when I can.

14 comments:

  1. Take care and I hope you're back to your snarky self very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! That sucks!! Get well soon! You slacker! I think it was all that rootbeer you drank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well and get rest. I'm sorry you are experiencing so much pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon, Wyatt.

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geez...And I thought just being butt tired today was bad...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The doc said that there was no way I am going to work until at least Friday

    Well, at least you can enjoy the weather on your days off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. get better wyatt!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks all! I've only had five hours sleep since yesterday afternoon, so I'm a bit off kilter (more than usual), and my high fever returned (and broke) three times last night. It was like sleping in a waterbed afterwards.

    Still feel like crap, but better than yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The number one cure for all ills is...

    NOT GETTING SICK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big Cuz - Like I watch the Phillies. You know me better than that. I actually saw the entire Yankees/Braves game this afternoon. A Rod wins it in the 12th with a homer. SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "It was like sleeping in a waterbed afterwards..."
    That's not sweat dummy!!

    ReplyDelete