About

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Can The Death Star Be Far Behind?

I'm loving this story out of Reuters:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. military hopes to complete work this fall on a plan mapping out how regional commanders will be able to use the fledgling U.S. missile defense system, a top general said on Tuesday.

The United States' first target will be the Alderaan system.

Dodgen hailed a recent successful test of a missile-shield component built by Lockheed Martin Corp. to shoot down a ballistic missile in the last minute or so of its flight.

So, we can shoot down a North Korean bird on the launch pad? Heh.

The so-called Terminal High Altitude Area Defense weapon system, or THAAD, "exceeded its objectives" in the long-planned test at White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico, Lockheed said in a statement earlier this month.

I wonder how much it will cost to mount one on my roof? Let's see those bastards blare their rap music now!

4 comments:

  1. That's why I am sooooo happy to be living near the ship in the cornfield and Lockheed....I might glow in the dark some day, but I feel safer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has nothing to do with the post, but I think it should be all over the blogosphere, particularly with PA bloggers: Al-Jazeera endorses Casey against Santorum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "So, we can shoot down a North Korean bird on the launch pad? Heh"

    That was classic! we could hit it 15 seconds before it launches! HA

    ReplyDelete
  4. RT - I have a friend who works there. My friend Denny and I tried to get him to consider building a Death Star. We were actually trying to iron out a propulsion system!

    Prof - I was already gonna vote for Santorum, but this would seal it.

    Ssssteve - See? This is the funny you must live up to next week!

    ReplyDelete