About

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I'm Back, Baby!

(Sounds of "Who gives a rat's ass?" echo the blogosphere.)

Arizona was friggin' great! The clan had a terrific time, and we only had encounters with one tarantula and two scorpions. Not too bad, if you ask me. I'll fill everyone in with specific anecdotes as the week proceeds, scattered in between the usual drivel you have all come to cherish here.

I wanted to give a special laurel and hearty handshake to The CUG, Fmragtops, and Sssssteve for minding the store while I was getting sunburned. Thanks guys! And I also wanted to thank my readership for stopping by while these lunatics were trashing the house. Appreciate it.

Blogger is scheduled to go down in moments, but I will definitely post much more today. I gotta get back into writing shape, and check the news wires. The only TV Kevin and I watched there was ESPN and the NFL Network. (Although I heard Israel is kicking Lebanon's ass again!)

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back! So are you saying you no longer glow in the dark? You're just "a little red"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a little. Your state is hella-cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey it was fun! Yeah, AZ is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your family had a good time (and that the temp dropped before you got here) However boys, cool is NOT the word associated with the scorching desert! You shoulda brought your friends up here Wyatt....I live on a golf course:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sssteve - Now get back to your own damned blog!!!

    RT - Thanks. I was depressed when we landed. No mountains, no cacti, just crack dens and smog. Ugh.

    SK - Every course we drove by was immaculate. Alas, my jackass friend and his wife don't golf. All the way to AZ and I didn't even hit a driving range. Something wrong with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lived in Los Angeles for a short time, and every time I came home I just felt depressed. I still miss the West. (Via train was really cool, but seeing the Grand Canyon from a plane was quite righteous, too.)

    I was gonna warn you about the letdown, but I thought it was just me. Nothing like seeing the gray of Philly and Jersey as you plumet toward the Delaware River to land.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back Wyatt! Thanks for letting me guest host. I hope I didn't suck too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. welcome back, wyatt! did you guys get out to Tombstone? haven't been there in years, but i used to love it as a kid, when we lived near there at Huachuca.

    figure that'd be up your alley as a gunslinger and all heh

    ReplyDelete