About

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Finding Ways To Lose

I really want to like the Arizona Cardinals. I really do.

My friends Kevin and Deanna live in Tucson, and I have a few blog pals out that way, so when the Cards are on television, I try and catch the game.

Why, oh why couldn't I have been working tonight?

The Cardinals - the best 1-5 team in the league - coughed up a TWENTY POINT LEAD and wound up losing to the Chicago Bears by a score of 24-23! Sometime after the half, the vaunted Bears defense showed up, and pummeled Cards QB Matt Leinert into submission. Ever the gamer, Leinert still marched his squad down the field in time for a game-winning field goal . . . only to see the usually perfect Neil Rackers miss it wide left.

On paper, the Cardinals have a lot of talent. With a roster like Leinert, Edgerrin James, Anquan Boldin, and Larry Fitzgerald, they are going to be a very good team.

Tonight? Not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment