About

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Boring Wyatt Tales

I just got home from the gym, and since I can barely lift my flabby arms above my head, I doubt I can be entertaining at the present moment. (As if I was entertaining before today.) Thus, I thought I'd give you a weekend roundup (I have off on Friday and Saturday) of my pitiful life.

* You read correctly, I am still hitting the gym at least three times a week. Of course, I am lifting wussy weight - you know, the dumbbells with the pink covering on them - so picking up M1 tanks over my head isn't on the plate just yet. Unfortunately, it's been three weeks now and I'm still a Fatty McButterpants, so I may ask for a refund. Actually, it would help if I started eating better, but I'm taking baby steps here.

* Hey, my hockey team actually won a game last Sunday! I played like poop, as usual, but I did have a decent pass to Vinnie on a two-on-one break. It was our third straight overtime game, the third straight game that Randal Graves played out of his mind, and the third straight game that I looked like a fat Tonya Harding out there. Right now, we're 1-2, but playing much better of late. Our next game is Sunday night.

* The next time someone tells you that detectives are the brightest people in the Philadelphia Police Department, you can relate this little nugget: my co-worker Rob was talking about pansy cops, when he turned to me and asked, "Does the department still prosecute officers for cowardism?" Um, no, Rob, but I think there's something on the books for cowardice. Whew!

Well, that's all for now, but I promise I'll post at least two more times before midnight. That is, after my arms stop burning!

No comments:

Post a Comment