About

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Fare Thee Well, Alan

A Blogger Hero is retiring.

Alan Woody from Woody's News & Views is pulling a Crash Davis. He hit his dinger (in this case 100,000 hits) and he's hanging it up. I feel badly not only because of his blog retirement, but also because - like so many other blogs in my sidebar - hadn't stopped by Woody's place nearly often enough. It has been my loss, because his work (especially his greatest hits) is excellent.

Not only is Alan a terrific blogger, he is also a terrific human being. When Uber's daughter passed away, he was the first to e-mail me asking how he could help. That impressed me, because he has (to my knowledge) never met her. It is just one of probably a million stories folks can tell you about the man.

The blogosphere is worse off now that he is gone. He will be sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment