About

Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Phone Call Of The Day

I swear to God, this stuff writes itself.

Wyatt: “Detective Division, Detective Earp, may I help you?”
Concerned Mother: “Yeah, you locked up my sixteen year old son last night. I wanna know what’s going on.”

Wyatt: “Ma’am, I didn’t lock up your son, since I was home last night. Do you have your detective’s name?”
Concerned Mother: “No, I don’t! Now tell me what’s going on!”

Wyatt: “Um, okay. Where was your son arrested?”
Concerned Mother: “I don’t know!!!”

Wyatt: “What time was he arrested?”
Concerned Mother: “I don’t know that, either. Last night.”

Wyatt: “Ma’am, do you know your son’s name?”
Concerned Mother: “Yes! It’s M**** J******.”

Wyatt: “Hold on a second, while I look up the job.”
Concerned Mother: “Fine. Just hurry up.”

Wyatt: “Ma’am, he was arrested for robbing a mini mart, point of gun.”
Concerned Mother: “My son didn’t have no gun.”

Wyatt: “I’m just telling you what the police report says, ma’am. It also says that there is a video of the incident, and two guns were recovered.”
Concerned Mother: “Well, we’ll see what happened in court. My son didn’t rob nobody. Will he be released?”

Wyatt: “That depends, ma’am. Was he ever arrested before?”
Concerned Mother: “Yeah. He’s on probation.”

Wyatt: “What is he on probation for, ma’am?”
Concerned Mother: “Armed robbery.”

No comments:

Post a Comment