About

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Game Review: Scarface

My lovely wife gave me the PS2 videogame Scarface: The World is Yours for Christmas. I mean what screams the birth of Christ better than Tony Montana, right? It's been a month now, and in the middle of work, family, blogging, and hockey, I finally scored time to play it.

Damn.

Think of STWIY as Grand Theft Auto on a coke binge. The game play is about the same, and the graphics - at least on the PS2 - are spot on. The voice talent playing Tony Montana does a pretty good impersonation, but I almost fell of the chair while playing the tutorial. What sets STHIY apart is the dialogue: it's filthy! During a training mode, I shot up a few fellow dealers, while my character yelled, "You f**king cock-a-roaches!" While vastly entertaining to a movie buff like myself, it was not exactly what I needed to hear while my six-year old was upstairs.

Suffice to say, when play the game during waking hours, I had the volume down. STWIY combines fast, gun-toting action with an original storyline, and has the temerity to throw heaping helpings of blood. It's not for everyone, but for many of my morbid readers, it's a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment