About

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Good News, Everyone!

Apparently, I am less fat now!

Here are the details. I joined a gym about two months ago, and have been going three times a week. At the same time, I am in the middle of ice hockey season, so it's not like I am sitting on a log all day. After my diabetes scare last month, I have sworn of sugary drinks, cakes, cookies . . . well, pretty much everything that tastes good. Add in the fact that I am back on Weight Watchers, and soon even a fat chump like me is bound to lose something.

When I went to the doctor's office, they weighed me in at a despicable 242. Since then, I avoided the scale for a month . . . until today. I bit the bullet this morning and hopped on. Here's what I saw:

225.

Okay, it's not terrific, but it's at least ten pounds from my December visit, so I was a little happy. About an hour later, I went outside and saw Denny in front of his house. He came down to say hi, looked at me, and said, "Dude, you have lost a lot of weight." (In fairness, he later snarked that I did it without cutting off my head.) My only response was to smile. Again, I am still in a bad place, but I can see light at the end of the Twinkie.

Ultimately, I would like to get down to about 180 by Summer - I was 190 when I entered the Police Academy - but I'll be content with getting below 200 by then. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment